IMG_1407 IMG_1409 IMG_1427

Our youngest daughter loves to wear jacket. This red chanel jacket was made almost 4 months ago. This time she wanted a black jacket with a kind of animal print lining which she saw when we buying lining for 4 in a row. The black fabric for the LBJ (Little Black Jacket) is a little bit stretchy.

Onze jongste dochter houdt ervan om jasjes te dragen. Dit rode chanel jasje heb ik bijna 4 maanden geleden voor haar gemaakt. Deze keer wilde zij graag een zwarte jas met een soort tijgerprintje als voering. De voering zag zij toen wij voering gingen kopen voor 4 op een rij. De zwarte stof voor de LBJ (Little Black Jacket) is een beetje elastisch.

IMG_1438

Our youngest decided she wanted to cut her own jacket and although we used the same pattern as for the red jacket, something went wrong. When I had basted the LBJ-jacket and our daughter was fitting the jacket it was too narrow. Both jackets and the pattern were measured and measured and this jacket was missing 3 cm on each side at the center front. I hang the jacket away for a couple of days to work on a solution. Then I came with the idea to sew a band to shift the center front 3 cm. To turn the solution into an eye-catcher, I decided to make a piping of the lining and stitch it between the front and the band. I had to cut the band almost on the bias because I hadn’t enough fabric to cut it on the grain-line.

IMG_1433

Onze jongste dochter wilde zelf haar jasje knippen en hoewel we hetzelfde patroon gebruikte als voor het rode jasje is er iets mis gegaan. Toen ik het LBJ-jasje geregen had en onze dochter het paste bleek dat de voorkant van het jasje te smal te zijn. Beide jasjes en het patroon zijn nagemeten en er bleek bij dit jasje 3 cm aan beide zijde aan de voorkant te ontbreken. Ik liet het jasje een paar dagen hangen om over een oplossing na te denken. De oplossing werd een bies bestaande uit een extra strook stof om zo de middenvoornaad 3 cm te kunnen verschuiven. Om er een blikvanger van te maken besloot ik een piping van de voering te maken en deze tussen het voorpand en de bies te stikken. De bies is bijna schuin van draad geknipt in plaats van recht van draad, omdat de stof bijna op was.

IMG_1405

Because the fabric of the jacket is a little bit stretchy, I made a pleat in the lining in the center back to make it a little more comfortable to wear. The jacket has a coat loop, made from the lining fabric, in order to hang it on a peg hook. The back pleat and coat loop are finished with a decorative stitch.

De stof van het jasje een beetje rekbaar is heeft de voering een plooi in het midden van de rug om het een beetje meer draagcomfort te geven. Het jasje heeft een mantellusje, gemaakt van de voeringstof, om het aan een kapstokhaak op te kunnen hangen. Zowel de plooi als het mantellusje zijn afgewerkt met een decoratieve steek.

IMG_1406

Total costs: Black fabric €15,00. Lining €4,50. Yarn €2,50. Interfacing €0,50. Shoulder pads €1,50. BURDA was already bought.

Time used for this project: cutting 2h, sewing 10h

Totale kosten: Zwarte stof € 15,00. Lining € 4,50. Garen € 2,50. Interfacing € 0,50. Schoudervullingen € 1,50. BURDA was al eerder gekocht.

Arbeidsuren voor dit project: knippen 2uur, naaien 10uur

Conclusion: She’s very happy with her new LBJ-jacket and loves the twist on the front with the piping. Although the cutting mistake turned into a nice detail I hope to avoid this kind of mistakes in the future. Although I’ve been sewing for many years and how many things I’ve made, sewing is something you can’t do as a routine.

Conclusie: Ze is blij met haar nieuwe LBJ-jasje en vindt het detail aan de voorzijde superleuk. Hoewel het verkeerd uitknippen goed heeft uitgepakt en er een leuk detail uit is ontstaan probeer ik voor de toekomst dit soort onvoorziene zaken te voorkomen. Voor mij geldt iedere keer weer hoeveel ik ook genaaid heb routine wordt het nooit.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *